Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
MBA Strategy Intern, Disney ABC Television Group (CA) Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 623617BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Dec. 27, 2018
Job Summary:Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
The Strategy team provides strategic thought leadership to shape the future of DATG, promote its long-term vision and maximize value across the organization. The team serves as thought leaders and project leaders, working with executives throughout the company to continually assess our growth, investment, product offering, advertising and distribution strategies.
Goals of the Strategy team include to:
- Identify and evaluate strategic growth opportunities, both organically and through acquisitions, informed by a deep understanding of consumer behaviors and market developments.
- Help incubate new ideas, execute deals, and foster innovation across the organization.
- Spearhead cross-divisional projects across all of Disney Media Networks, encompassing both DATG and ESPN.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
You will proactively support project leaders and teams by performing research, modeling and analysis and utilize other tools to inform business decisions; and develop key insights and storylines on various strategic and operational initiatives. The intern will autonomously drive own pieces of work up to completion and be fully integrated into the team.
You may (among other duties):
- Autonomously conduct research and analytics, including financial modeling.
- Interpret analysis outputs into the overall project storyline.
- Find multiple/new strategic approaches and frameworks to attack and solve issues.
- Develop own recommendations and autonomously build small or parts of large presentations.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Effective at synthesizing information in a logical and concise manner with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong ability to analyze companies / sectors to identify key business drivers / themes and assess performance.
- Able to create visually compelling presentations, including communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way.
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and capability to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of relevant prior work experience in a relevant field (e.g. investment banking, strategy consulting, strategic planning, business development, and/or consumer research).
- MBA from top-tier school (completed or in the process of completing)
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited MBA program and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited MBA program within the last six (6) months.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available from May to August
- All candidates must be available full-time
- All candidates must provide a consistent reliable work schedule
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.