Already applied?View Dashboard
Consumer Insights AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 615612BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jan. 02, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Channels Worldwide has a global portfolio of over 100 kid-driven, family-inclusive entertainment channels and/or channel feeds available in 169 countries/territories, in 35 languages. Disney Channels Worldwide Consumer Insights is seeking an Analyst to work across our Kids’ platforms: Disney Junior, Disney Channel, Disney XD and Radio Disney.
The Analyst will be joining a forward thinking Insights team that is innovative and engaged in helping understand the evolving entertainment landscape. Working across premiere brands and content including Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars, they will provide project management support to the Consumer Insights team.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist in preparation, fieldwork, and execution of qualitative and quantitative research studies:
- Focus Groups: Attend focus groups (often in evenings, may include limited US travel), assist with creation of stimulus, assist with logistics and coordination (along with research vendor), handling client needs, taking notes, summarizing findings
- Quantitative studies: Assist in the writing and reviewing of questionnaires, testing survey links, review data/tabs, clean and code open-ended data as needed, summarize relevant data into stories, formatting slides/reports, and support on studies in our proprietary kids & family panel
- On-site Kids Teams: Help manage logistics and coordination of onsite qualitative sessions with kids, including recruitment, participant check-in, handle parent/waiting room questions, prepare stimulus, taking notes, summarize findings
- Project management: Maintain project timelines and deliverables, prepare materials and manage presentation logistics with team lead
- Provide insights into current youth popular culture trends through a variety of syndicated resources, brand health tracking, and broader landscape and trend studies
- Support internal ad-hoc requests and business questions by analyzing a variety of data sets and communicating key insights
- Perform other related tasks and/or special projects as assigned
Basic Qualifications:Candidate should have 1-2+ years consumer insights experience, at a media/entertainment company, market research agency, or brand consultancy. Internships in a related field a plus. The ideal candidate should possess the following skills/attributes:
- Self-starter with passion, energy, and enthusiasm
- Confident presence – strong communication skills (listening, verbal, written)
- Respectful, friendly and approachable with a positive outlook and attitude
- Flexible and will embrace new assignments enthusiastically as priorities change
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and requests
- Skilled at creating impactful presentations and deliverables
- Knowledge and interest in the kids’ content and pop culture landscape
- Willing to be trained in all aspects of consumer insights and market research
- Experience with entertainment research and research with preschoolers/kids/tweens a plus
- Advanced computer skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams. Keynote and SPSS experience a plus
- Travel and evening research attendance as needed
Required EducationBachelor’s degree required; coursework in the fields of Marketing, Communications, Psychology, English, or Social Sciences preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.