Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. Manager Digital Content StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 622962BR Location Houston, Texas, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jan. 02, 2019
Job Summary:The Sr Manager – Digital Content Strategy is responsible for synthesizing data and insights to drive the development of content for ABC Owned Television (OTV) station's platform and social media properties, as well as synthesizing and communicating corporate objectives to the individual station teams. This includes the communication of research and analytics and data-informed content recommendations; the development of editorial strategy for a social-first, mobile-friendly brand; with a strong understanding of platforms and trends in the digital landscape, and most importantly understands the value and is comfortable “actioning” data analytics. Additionally, the ideal candidate would have experience working with newsroom publishers, audience development and digital research teams. Experience with local news is a plus.
- Communication of data-driven content and product objectives to OTV stations’ stakeholders
- Ensure that ABCOTV content creation for on-platform and on social media is done with an eye toward data-supported recommendations
- Leverage digital research insights and pitch content ideas to creators and editorial teams
- Respond to sponsored content requests with original ideas and lead day-to-day execution of sponsored content campaigns
- Contribute to overall content strategy of ABC OTV, representing at once the voice of the analyst and of the creative
- Report on content performance and address strategy to hit business objectives
- Minimum of 6 years editorial experience with digital news media
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of digital analytics and performance tracking
- Superior knowledge of social and blog platforms
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and content types
- Polished in presentation and communication
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with exceptional sense of accountability
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas in a fast paced environment
- Experience in Television news, specifically local news
- Experience with or exposure to digital research and measurement
- BA or BS required, preferable with a background in Journalism
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KTRK Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.