Already applied?View Dashboard
Environmental Sustainability Manager - Disney CorporateApply Now Apply Later Job ID 625518BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 08, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Our legacy of producing high quality, responsible content and operating with integrity is part of our unique approach to corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability earning us the reputation of being one of the world’s most admired companies.
Environmental sustainability at Disney focuses on using resources wisely as we grow our business. We have established ambitious environmental goals to minimize our impact as part of our commitment to social responsibility. The Environmental Sustainability team provides subject matter expertise and analytical partnership in setting enterprise-wide environmental sustainability objectives. Current projects include conducting greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste inventories enterprise wide; identifying mechanisms to reduce our environmental footprint; evaluating new project designs for sustainability; conducting environmental assessments of our studio and television productions; evaluating clean energy opportunities; managing the natural climate solutions portfolio for Disney; and supporting environmental supply chain management.
The Environmental Sustainability Manager is a key contributor to the company’s progress in meeting its environmental goals. This role will maintain and develop assets for the carbon portfolio, develop the supply chain environmental impact evaluation, and manage general environmental projects as assigned. Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing and maintaining the database for the portfolio of projects Disney has vested interest in for carbon credits, including coordinating with project developers to closely monitor projects, identifying material issues, and requesting and reviewing reports. The role will also provide updates in the form of reports and presentations, and support development of guidelines for developers, and communications materials for internal use.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with environmental impacts from manufacturing of products, associated waste streams, and value chain impacts, as well as experienced in developing business requirements for database collection systems.
Responsibilities:Natural Climate Solutions Program Management
- Oversee the existing carbon portfolio; including monitoring progress and deliverables on various time scales; coordination of communications with internal and external partners
- Support efforts to select and evaluate new carbon projects for Disney’s portfolio. Considerable amount of research and review on how projects are managed, developed, aligned with protocols, impact and meeting Disney’s high standards for investment consideration
- Support review and coordinate execution of contract agreements for the carbon project portfolio.
- Support development of guidance materials, presentations and summaries in regards to Disney’s carbon project portfolio.
Supply Chain Environmental Impacts
- Manage collaborative efforts to develop process for evaluating and analyzing product environmental footprint
- Liaise with project teams which may include consumer products sustainability team, external vendors, consultants, and NGOs
- Assist in creating systems and processes for supply chain environmental inventories.
- Evaluate survey tools and existing systems for integration opportunities
- Provide support in supply chain reporting (e.g. sustainability and product surveys, CDP supply chain survey)
- Assist analysis of product environmental footprint, trends in industry, and coordination of internal efforts
Overall Environmental Analysis
- Analysis of global environmental trends and issues related to water, carbon markets and climate
- Manage internal and external communication efforts such as responding to sustainability surveys, preparation of quarterly reports, figures, data analysis and trends.
- 5-7 years total of technical experience in corporate sustainability, environmental management (including a minimum of 2 years of experience in program management and 2 years of work experience with Carbon Markets) OR a minimum of 2 years of managing sourcing and procurement work, environmental audits and, resource management in a corporate or NPO setting.
- Experience in identifying sources of greenhouse gas emissions and calculation of greenhouse gas emissions following the GHG Protocol.
- Ability to summarize scientific technical documents for non-technical audiences at all levels
- Demonstrated project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Strong mathematic skills, with experience analyzing, reporting, and summarizing data
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with senior level managers and above within a corporate environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with global partners
- Ongoing awareness of industry trends, governmental regulations and sustainability best practices
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working on air quality, hazardous waste management, water resource management projects
- Experience in carbon project development
- Experience developing life cycle analysis
- LEED License/training
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Understanding of merchandise sourcing and supply-chain issues
- Experience in R Stat, Tableau, Access, GaBi, Adobe Illustrator
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in environmental engineering/management, sustainability, business administration, environmental science, earth sciences
- Master’s degree in environmental engineering/management, sustainability business administration, environmental science, earth sciences
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.