Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Product Integrity PolicyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 632402BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 15, 2019
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Manager, Product Integrity Policy will participate as part of the Policy Strategy group in the Global Public Policy organization in the development and implementation of a proactive public policy agenda tied to the company’s business priorities and core values in the area of product safety and integrity.
Strategic Policy Formulation:
- Identify emerging product safety and reliability issues across the globe related to TWDC’s mid- and long-term business plans in international markets, and assist in the development of internal and external policy positions, strategies and analyses to influence the external environment, mitigate risk and advance TWDC’s business priorities
- Translate business priorities into public policy initiatives; produce strategic plans and policy position papers necessary to advance TWDC’s policy positions and support advocacy at legislative and regulatory bodies and international forums influential with policymakers
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure TWDC policy positions remain forward‑looking, coherent and consistent with business priorities; reappraise policies that have acquired their own momentum
- Ensure ongoing alignment between public policy positions and business objectives by providing strategic input, guidance and regulatory support
- Serve on TWDC governance committees and strategy groups as needed
Proactive Analysis of Emerging Issues:
- Collaborate with Product Integrity compliance organization, Legal, and other internal partners on business strategies that impact public policy or require changes in public policy to be successful
- Proactively identify opportunities that business strategies and product plans create to advance policy goals as well as emerging social, political, economic, and public policy issues and trends that create business opportunities for TWDC
- Collaborate with internal partners to identify areas where internal rules or guidance are necessary to effectively manage risk
- Tap a high‐caliber network of internal and external experts to help TWDC stay current on emerging issues and trends
- Support business colleagues in seeking to enter new markets or expand internationally by collaborating with country/regional offices to monitor and understand critical issues in non-U.S. markets and identify significant issues and trends that could impact business
- Support the development of strategic partnerships with governments, international organizations, NGOs, academic institutions and other stakeholders to enhance situation awareness, refine areas of focus, address shared challenges, and position TWDC as a thought leader on key policy issues, legislation and regulation when beneficial
- Represent the company in industry and multi-stakeholder coalitions, working groups and membership organizations to position TWDC as a thought leader, develop policy responses in support of business priorities and promote alignment with TWDC policy goals
- Identify opportunities where TWDC can meaningfully advance its policy agenda and recommend concrete internal and external strategies to address issues based on positions taken
- Collaborate with government relations partners to shape legislation, influence dialogue, and establish and maintain strong relationships
- As needed, establish internal policies, procedures and guidance as part of an issues management strategy
Required EducationJD or MA degree in related public policy or product integrity field or a combination of equivalent skills, experience and education required
Preferred EducationJD or MA/MS in related public policy or product integrity field desirable
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.