Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Communications - Content & Editorial Strategy (WDW)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 634691BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Feb. 11, 2019
Job Summary:“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Behind the Magic: The Manager, Communications Content & Editorial Strategy for Walt Disney World (including vehicle and social media management and communication planning) leads the team responsible for the development and publishing of content. Drive the Content and Editorial Strategy in both print and digital strategies.
Communication vehicles include: Eyes & Ears magazine, MouseMail e-newsletter, social media, Cast intranet, Public Affairs website and more.
Communications will also partner with stakeholders to develop and implement communication that supports business objectives and effectively engages internal and external audiences, including news media.
- Guide and contribute to the development and implementation of strategic communication plans including effectively assessing the situation/communication need, compiling and analyzing research, outlining an effective communication approach/strategy, developing key messages, media statements and FAQs, as well as recommending appropriate communication tactics and vehicles (e.g., internal newsletter, employee portal, video, press releases, social media, etc.) to achieve plan goals.
- Develop, manage and implement the editorial strategy for the Walt Disney World Communications team to drive a consistent voice, brand and strategy across the communication vehicle portfolio including: the HUB (intranet), CastTV, Eyes & Ears Magazine, Walt Disney World in the Community Facebook group, aboutwaltdisneyworldresort.com, MouseMail email newsletter, Tell-A-Cast pocket guides, and more.
- Serve as Managing editor and leader of the advertising sales team for Eyes & Ears, the employee magazine and other publications, discounts and offers. Oversee both strategy and approval process for publication.
- Partner with Public Affairs/PR and across WDW Operations, Marketing to identify, build and amplify content across multiple internal and external platforms, and lead forums that facilitate content integration conversations.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance and protect Walt Disney World Resort’s brand through storytelling to external constituents including news media, community stakeholders, as well as managing to critical audiences and identify/mitigate emerging issues.
- Lead and continuously develop a team of talented, high-performing professionals.
- Serve as a member of the Walt Disney World Emergency Communication team as well as on the Walt Disney World Communications leadership team.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience: this can include a mix of experience within agency, corporate communications, public relations, public affairs or government communications role, with prior experience with issues management and handling confidential information.
- Leadership competencies in the ability to influence and persuade, building relationships with partners and stakeholders in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to think strategically, act consultatively, communicate effectively and manage projects. This role generates and executes creative ideas while managing costs and budgets.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter develop high-quality work product in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with changing priorities and highly matrixed environment.
- Experience using social media and current technologies to support, schedule and analyze successful social media campaigns.
- Experience overseeing the development of communication and content for both internal and external audiences.
- Strong writing skills including AP style expertise, strong presentation, positioning and editing skills.
- Participate in 24-hour on-call rotation, including days, nights and weekends, for incident, emergency and media response.
- Previous experience with The Walt Disney Company a plus
- Proficiency in multiple languages
- Prior experience writing for publications and/or managing revenue for publications
- Graphic design experience [PhotoShop/InDesign]
- Video production and development
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English/Creative Writing, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.