Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, External AffairsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 651995BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 04/08/2019
This positions is based in Glendale, CA and reports to the Vice President of Communications and Strategy.
This executive will be someone that has experience working with various stakeholder groups at the local, state and national levels that serve different constituencies to forge mutually beneficial results and solve community problems. A desire to think creatively is a must, as is a proven track record of building campaigns, diverse alliances and strategic communication plans to achieve a desired outcome.
Additionally, the candidate will work closely with public affairs leaders at all our parks and resorts and consumer product locations around the world as well as government relations leaders throughout the company to proactively build strategically consistent but tactically divergent external engagement plans.
The key areas of focus areas for this role include issue management, community leader outreach, stakeholder engagement, and cross-functional projects. This position will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in the development and implementation of public affairs strategies.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholder groups in an effort to forge coalitions and advance programs that benefit the company and our communities.
- Partner with policy makers and other leaders in the public sector to ensure we are a valued ally in efforts to enact, modify or sunset policies that effect our business and communities.
- Create programs and other outreach efforts that not only address critical community needs but position the company for greater long-term business success.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for stakeholders, policy makers and others wishing to engage the company in support of a cause or issue that is relevant to our markets and communities in which we operate.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience working in any of the following: government, political campaigns, issue advocacy, public affairs firms or government relations. Ideal target range of experience is 7-10 years.
- Prior experience working with and forming productive alliances to serve constituents with differing agendas at the following levels
- Experience managing others, and demonstrated ability to collaborate across a large complex organizations
- Ability to travel the local Southern California region, as well as travel to Sacramento; occasional travel to Florida or other domestic locations as needed.
- Experience working for a major corporation/brand either as a direct employee or consultant with a level of high brand consciousness strongly preferred
- Previous experience working for a politician, stakeholder or activists groups
- Previous experience partnering with unions
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, political science or related field or equivalent work experience.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.