Already applied?View Dashboard
VP, Corporate CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 664215BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted May. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Walt Disney Television is the iconic collection of The Walt Disney Company’s entertainment and news properties creating award-winning content across an impressive portfolio of television brands and businesses, including The ABC Television Network, ABC Studios, ABC News, the ABC Owned Television Stations Group, Freeform, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios, FX Networks and FX Productions, the Disney Channel networks and National Geographic Partners. A home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators, WDT develops, produces and programs exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach across multimedia platforms.
The Vice President, Corporate Communications for Walt Disney Television will develop and execute strategic corporate communications in support of the vision, strategy and operations through executive communications, media relations and issues management. Responsible for crafting and executing messaging that is clear, compelling and impactful, the role requires strategic thinking; creative and savvy communications tactics and execution; outstanding speechwriting; and strong interpersonal skills to deliver on the strategy, messaging and value proposition of the business. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator and enjoy working on multiple and developing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as a key member of the corporate communications team with responsibilities to craft and execute internal and external communications that express the division’s vision, brand and position through media relations, executive communications, issues management and enterprise strategies.
- Develop relationships and in-depth understanding across WDT businesses and with key stakeholders to effectively create and execute key messaging aligned with organizational strategic objectives and operational performance.
- Design, develop and implement communications initiatives to build and position our corporate brand and businesses
- Drive public and media relations strategies and specific campaigns for issues management including contract renewals, government relations, personnel matters and other issues and projects as required.
- Develop and oversee well developed corporate communication assets including press releases, talking points, scripts, presentations, Q&As, briefing documents and fact sheets that create awareness and establish our position.
- Develop a strategy and process for identifying and managing key speaking opportunities and award recognitions for executives. Enable and train company spokespeople to deliver consistent and compelling messages.
- Effectively engage with media, industry organizations and influencers to deliver on our strategies and evangelize our messaging.
- Build and execute communications strategies and engagement appropriate to the communication style, tone and preferences of the division’s executives.
- Leverage data-informed insights to build strategies
- Keep current on relevant industry, economic, and governmental issues that could impact our business, position or messaging. Communicate regular media and issues updates to senior management.
- This position requires a minimum of 10 years of communications experience in corporate or government setting. The ideal candidate has the ability to create and communicate a vision for the future and translate it into clear strategies and specific priorities. Requires a strong track record in producing high-quality speeches and presentations for senior executives or government leaders. A portfolio of top-notch and varied material to demonstrate mastery of diverse stylistic speechwriting and other executive communications is required. A writing test/assignment will be given for final candidates.
- Proven success in a communications/public relations function with strong press relations and evidenced tangible results.
- This communications position operates at a corporate level in the television industry and therefore requires the requisite business skills needed to be credible with our executive team. In addition to functional expertise in corporate communications and impeccable writing skills, the incumbent must be strategic, business savvy and be able to see the world through the lens of multiple stakeholders. General awareness of business trends and media industry trends is also required. The desired candidate is the type of person who well versed in the issues that define the moment.
- Television/media industry experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple demands, think strategically and solve problems.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across a matrixed organization. Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills. Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Results-orientation in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and deploying resources to accomplish projects.
- Demonstrated analytical processing, critical-thinking, decision-making, problem-solving, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to assess and refine strategies and tactics to better align with changing business strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDTV) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDTV offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDTV includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.