Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Public RelationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700000BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 29, 2019
The Manager, Public Relations will develop and deliver groundbreaking campaigns and PR strategies that drive the business to new heights by inspiring fans, families and influencers around the globe to consume, share and evangelize Disney Parks, Experiences and Products offerings.
- Oversee strategic PR planning/campaign execution for select franchise portfolios (Marvel, Pixar, etc.) for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. Partner with key cross-company stakeholders for an integrated approach
- Develop targeted PR strategies for select audiences (e.g., Families, Multi-Gen) and media verticals
- Manage PR activities such as press events, media tours, stunts, eventized moments and new product/offering launches
- Draft press materials including press releases, media pitches, fact sheets, messaging documents and talking points
- Proactively engage with media contacts across trade, business and consumer-facing publications, developing a sound media strategy, providing background information and pitching product and trend stories
- Partner with the Global PR and PA teams to ensure integration among all functions of communications (internal, external, executive, events, content and influencer teams)
- Serve as liaison for APAC site teams to ensure integration and best practice sharing with Global PR (Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Resort)
- Monitor landscape for trending PR strategies that can be leveraged to drive the business in new and innovative ways
- Provide strategic PR counsel to marketing partners and other internal stakeholders
- Lead meetings or represent DPEP PR perspective with franchise teams and other TWDC communication teams to cultivate creative ideas and synergistic PR opportunities
- Lead and motivate high-performing direct report(s)
- Serve as an ambassador with Disney Parks PR teams around the world and with Consumer Products to build a stronger, inclusive and more integrated team
- 8-10 years of experience in PR, including experience managing and motivating a high performing team
- Interest in and understanding of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and other key IP
- Established media relationships across multiple verticals
- Executive presence and political savvy
- A collaborative spirit with the ability to forge relationships and lead by influence
- Exceptional writing, communication and project management skills
- Proven leader and problem solver who comes up with creative solutions
- Proactive self-starter who drives work forward
- Knowledgeable about current trends in the PR industry and media landscape and able to translate that knowledge into cutting edge / engaging / breakthrough PR programs
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, PR or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.