Already applied?View Dashboard
Vice President, Entertainment-Disneyland ParisApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708590BR Location Marne-la-Vallée, Île-de-France Region, France Business Disneyland Paris Date posted Sep. 25, 2019
Working with and at the direction of the Senior Vice President, EPSI (Experience, Product, Synergy & Integration), this role is responsible for integrating key ideas and creative concepts for new and existing entertainment product. This role will work with both internal and external resources for the production of daily offerings, shows, events, and major entertainment offerings.
The Vice President, Entertainment provides leadership, oversight, and direction to a team of 2500+ individuals to meet daily and long-range business goals and is expected to influence, partner, and collaborate with individuals at all levels of the business in domestic US and international locations. He/she must be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced and complex business environment.
The Vice President will be based in Paris and will report directly to the Senior Vice President, EPSI (Experience, Product, Synergy & Integration).
- Lead a large team with diverse skills and job levels to produce multiple, high-profile entertainment offerings, including stage spectaculars, firework shows, atmosphere entertainment, parades, special events, and broadcast productions
- Understanding of how Entertainment is a key business driver and ensure that the organization operates with maximum flexibility
- Initiate and investigate new entertainment opportunities to further the business and increase financial results
- Meet today’s business vision and build the strategy to deliver to guests expectation for the product to be a market leader
- Strong collaboration with other key lines of business to connect through the entertainment product and therefore increase their sales potential
- In a context of transformation, insure that we have the qualified team to drive work effectively in a highly collaborative matrix organization
- Guide the development of concepts, proposals, ideas, and implementation planning in collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering, line of business partners, operations, and key stakeholders
- Oversee planning, delivery, and sustainment of entertainment offerings to achieve objectives
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management regarding all aspects of live entertainment and supporting functions
- Implement ongoing training for entertainment management team to display strong problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to navigate in an environment of constant change
- Foster an inclusive, positive, and empowering culture and work environment
- Uphold the Disney heritage and tradition of show quality and guest satisfaction
- Execute against departmental areas of focus: technology; cost containment/revenue creation; communication; expansion, growth, and new business support; talent planning; process and standards development
- Work with partners to attract, recruit, and retain talent to sustain the global entertainment team
- Display a strong commitment to safety and proactively provide strategic recommendations on safety goals connected to LOB and safety organization objectives
- BA/BS in related field
- Seasoned professional with 15+ years of experience in the entertainment industry; theme park or related experience preferred
- 5+ years in an executive level position in a related field
- Experience in developing and building major entertainment brands
- Thorough knowledge of live entertainment and a keen understanding of today’s consumer interest and trends
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate all aspects of consumer-oriented shows and solid fundamental knowledge of applicable entertainment disciplines
- Advanced management skills, including strong financial acumen, ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, data analysis, setting and meeting organizational goals, time management, problem solving and decision making
- Strong background in management of creative people and content
- Demonstrated success as a team leader, motivator, and mentor
- Ability to establish and maintain influential partnerships at all levels and across business groups
- Willing to take risks and manage them intelligently
- MA/MS in related field
- Disney leadership experience, with thorough working knowledge of entertainment offerings and operations
- Global role with a multinational company
- Experience leading dispersed teams
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, 16 000 Cast Members work in nearly 500 operational and support professions, on stage or backstage. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disneyland International, which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Paris.
-EventApply Now Apply Later