Public Relations Manager- Disney Cruise LineApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735281BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 29, 2020
Responsibilities:We are looking for a top-notch Public Relations Manager with a deep understanding of communications strategy, public relations writing, photo and video production, media relations skills and project management experience.
Reporting to the Public Relations Director of Disney Signature Experiences, the Public Relations Manager is part of a team that leads PR strategy for the Disney Cruise Line fleet, developing programs and tactics that increase awareness, generate buzz and drive business results. The manager is accountable for ideating and creating written editorial content, including press releases, fact sheets, biographies, blog posts and more. They are also responsible for editorial video and photo content, from developing creative concepts to managing complex productions and providing creative direction. The manager is in charge of maintaining relationships with key journalists in the travel, features, trade and lifestyle fields, as well as pitching and shaping stories that highlight key business priorities. In addition, they are responsible for managing projects rooted in PR strategy that drive business results. These projects range in scope, from small announcements to large-scale media events.
- Minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in communications and public relations.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of the communications field, preferably in public relations or media relations.
- Excellent knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines.
- Extensive experience writing press releases and related communication materials.
- Proven familiarity with video and still photography production.
- Understanding of social media communication strategy and concepts.
- Experience working with media and a successful track record of placing and shaping stories.
- Demonstrated storytelling skills.
- Ability to develop and share creative, innovative ideas.
- Deep understanding of media needs and media relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with demonstrated experience meeting quick deadlines and handling comprehensive writing projects with minimal editing.
- Experience with visual storytelling and an understanding of design aesthetics.
- Proven project management and reporting skills.
- Proven budget management skills.
- Proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail.
- Proven experience working effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work comfortably with Cast Members at all levels of the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools and Outlook.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and working on a deadline.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated strong networking skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often on weekends and after-hours.
- Ability to travel to execute projects and work remotely.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to work.
- Excellent partnering skills.
- Knowledge of Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures by Disney, Aulani and Golden Oak.
- Understanding of the cruise industry.
- Knowledge of the travel industry.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.