Motion Designer 3D (Disney+/ESPN+)
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 759640BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 21, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is looking for a talented 2D / 3D generalist to collaborate with as we create innovative and engaging digital content. You will work side by side with our post production and video team to ultimately serve the creative vision and keep the post workflow running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
The ideal candidate is a story minded and detail oriented individual who is experienced in managing projects and tasks in a high-speed, high-performance environment. They are a force of calm and good judgment, an adaptable person who revels in change. Our generalists, animators and motion designers are innovative and adaptable creatives who work on the forefront digital filming technology.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio or links to your published work.
- Conceptualize and effectively design, plan, and produce complex 3D illustrations/animations, video compositions (including live-action video), and interactive applications/simulations.
- Designing and Animating in Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, Rendering in Redshift
- Detailed oriented. Thoroughly check all work for errors before content is distributed downstream.
- Self-starter with an ability to work autonomously or in a team environment
- Contribute to a passionate and dynamic team of storytellers
- Work alongside creative colleagues and stakeholders to interpret briefs and create the best work
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience working as a designer/animator and a portfolio with a strong sense of typography, logos and text animation, motion graphics, GIFs, and interactive illustrations.
- 7+ years of experience and a solid reel with a strong sense of typography, interactive illustrations, CG rendering, compositing ,and creating style frames.
- A solid understanding of C4D and Maya at an expert level to produce the needed work.
- a competency in Premiere and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, techniques, and approaches.
- Ability to translate written concepts into visually descriptive, impactful designs.
- A natural sense of curiosity and urgency to advance personal skills and keeping up with the tools of the trade.
- Can easily multi-task.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and turn marketing goals into action.
- Only candidates with portfolios, or examples of their work, will be considered.
- An expert working knowledge of a 3D software (C4d, Maya, etc.) and well versed proficiency in After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience in working on multiple projects in a fast paced environment and able to mentor and lead junior artists.
- BA/BFA in advertising, fine art, design or relevant field; MA/MFA will be considered an asset.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.