Associate Principal Counsel - EmploymentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762563BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 18, 2020
The successful candidate for this Associate Principal Counsel position will be an integral part of Disney’s Employment Law team, working on employment matters from the routine to the revolutionary. This position will primarily support Disney’s Direct to Consumer and International, and Parks, Experiences and Products segments, as well as work on matters affecting the entire Disney enterprise -- The Walt Disney Studios (including Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Pixar); Walt Disney Television (including FX, National Geographic and ABC Studios); and ESPN. The Associate Principal Counsel will collaborate with legal colleagues, Employee Relations and Human Resources professionals to help shape Disney’s employment philosophy, policies and practices.
- Advise on harassment, discrimination and retaliation investigations.
- Counsel internal clients on various employment matters.
- Evaluate requests for accommodation.
- Draft responses to claims and demand letters.
- Revise administrative charge responses.
- Analyze equal pay claims.
- Research and advise on legislative trends in harassment prevention and other areas.
- Work with Employee Relations to enhance training programs.
- Handle administrative conferences and hearings as experience and interest warrant.
- Research and advise on Guild, Film Institute and other industry organizations’ evolving policies and standards in the areas of diversity, fair pay and harassment.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in a law firm or corporate legal department or a combination.
- Concentration in and enthusiasm for employment law litigation and counseling.
- Ability to spot and analyze complex issues and devise practical strategies and solutions.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Superior drafting and negotiating skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with co-workers at all levels.
- Admitted or eligible for admission to practice in California.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.