Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 768221BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 02, 2020
The Senior Financial Accounting Analyst will be supporting monthly, quarterly, and year-end deliverables, tasks, and Ad-hoc projects. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor monthly accounting activities to ensure compliance with Disney reporting standards, including intercompany activity and data standardization efforts.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with external auditors, management audit, corporate reporting contacts, and accounting department personnel.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for ESPN company-wide program, including benefits, payroll, rent and allocations.
- Handle accounting responsibilities for ESPN general cost centers and ESPN’s equity investment in CTV and other Canadian activity.
- Prepare the ESPN Inc. Balance Sheet for review by Controller and CFO and assist in the preparation of the annual standalones for ESPN’s Minority Owner, Hearst Corporation.
- Aggregate monthly and quarterly P&L variances for ESPN Consolidated and assist in the preparation of quarterly deliverables to support Disney’s 10Q and 10K.
- Responsible for the Northeast Controllership Hub’s Sarbanes Oxley compliance, including annual review and testing procedures, walkthroughs of each in-scope process, and other miscellaneous projects as directed by PwC and Enterprise Controls & Compliance.
- Prepare annual tax reporting schedules.
- Perform minimum control based programs and procedures.
- Ensure consolidated reporting is in compliance with US GAAP, Disney Accounting Policy and Minimum Control Standards.
- Participate in periodic forecast and budget meetings with finance contacts.
- At least 3 years of financial accounting experience
- Strong understanding of financial operations, financial controls, GAAP accounting, financial reporting and systems and Sarbanes Oxley
- Critical thinking/analytical skills
- Strong partnering, influencing and networking skills
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently handle high volume work in a deadline driven environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- 3 years minimum of accounting experience preferably with Media industry and/or Public Accounting experience
- Proficient with SAP, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- 2 years minimum of auditing experience
- 2 years minimum of financial reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of database structures/reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- MBA, CPA or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.