Senior Vice President - Morning News (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 770264BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television, ABC News Date posted Dec. 08, 2020
The successful candidate will possess a broad understanding of branded live studio based news and information programing and be comfortable managing the energy of a live audience. The SVP must be able to apply creative leadership to the branding, promotion, marketing, and multiplatform distribution of the program and program content to grow reach and revenue as we build a sustainable business model poised to exploit the rapid change in the industry.
- Oversees and directs the execution of Morning News shows (GMA, GMA3, and The View), leading and coordinating coverage of major stories breaking news, and specials.
- Ensures that program content meets company policies, industry codes, FCC rules, and brand values while continually developing new product to reflect the current competitive environment.
- Executes strategies to meet established goals/objectives to drive ratings, audience and revenue.
- Champions an innovative and highly collaborative diverse culture that promotes idea generation, open communication, respect for others, and excellence.
- Set short and long-term objectives to achieve budgetary goals and grow revenue.
- In collaboration with peer executives, develops and implements a content strategy that attracts and engages diverse audiences across all platforms.
- Guides editorial priorities and works with management to enhance the overall ABC News brand.
- Manages and allocates resources to achieve strategic and operating goals.
- Executes all policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and industry standards.
- Interacts with top management to adjust plans and strategies and influence business decisions.
- Proven experience leading within a news organization
- Successful experience as a producer leading complicated dynamic multitopic live programming
- Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies, market opportunities, and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement
- Strategy experience, preferably within a news and creative environment
- Proven ability to develop and execute initiatives that require broad-based buy-in for success
- Broad understanding of network news and digital businesses
- Strong understanding of the creative process and ability to apply creative sensibility to content
- Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong external /internal network of creative programing resources
- Proven ability to bring new and innovative approaches across the range of new platforms
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.