Preditor (WRITER/PRODUCER/EDITOR PROMO)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 778600BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television, ABC Entertainment Date posted Mar. 19, 2021
- Work with our Creative Directors to develop A/V creative for on-air and off-air spots including trailers, topical/episodic creative, brand/image content, long-form and short-form sizzles, original programming teases, BTS, custom shoot creative, etc.
- Write innovative copy and conceptualize unique, contemporary and compelling creative
- Develop, write, produce and edit multiple concepts for each assignment
- Exhibit comfort in ability to pitch ideas and cuts to all levels of management
- Stay current on programming schedule and marketing calendars in order to better strategize and foresee promotional projects
- Meticulously complete project assignment forms and other administrative paperwork
- Ensure all projects are archived according to department standards
- Work with the team’s Assistant Editors and Associate Producers to support your assigned programming and their growth in the department.
- Communicate with and inspire graphic designers and supervise execution
- Direct audio engineers, voice-over talent and other post A/V needs
- A minimum of 7 years of experience producing and editing exceptional spots & trailers for television, preferably premium scripted television with a network, streamer or creative agency.
- Must have experience promoting scripted original series as well as alternative/reality programming
- Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
- Superior writing skills and understanding the importance of audio are a must
- Passion for staying current on industry trends
- Must know Adobe Premiere and Mac based work environment. After Effects and Adobe suite a plus.
- Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including all phases of development
- College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism or a creative discipline preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.