Manager - Financial SystemsApply NowApply Later Job ID 889926BR Location Mumbai, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 30, 2021
At Disney Financial Systems, you will team with the best in the business to create and build in one of the most innovative teams in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of The Walt Disney Company, the forward-thinkers at Financial Systems constantly pursue new ideas and cutting-edge technologies to help The Walt Disney Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. An opportunity exists to support this dynamic organization as Senior Manager, Financial Systems in the Disney Financial Systems team based in Mumbai, India.
The Manager, APAC Financial Systems Support Lead will primarily lead the day-to-day support for all financial processes, including Record to Report, Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Fixed Assets, Project Accounting, Travel & Expense and SAP security. Systems in scope include SAP and also other financial systems complementing its core functionalities in specific process areas, including multiple reporting tools.
The role will ensure delivery of world class finance and business processes support by successfully leading a team of Financial Systems Analysts, as required by:
- The Shared Services Center based in Mumbai
- The APAC Service Center (ASC) based in Shanghai
- General APAC region customers as needed.
The role will promote best practice in the use of Financial Systems, and offer advice/knowledge sharing across his/her user groups. Will ensure process consistency across the APAC region by working with Regional Finance and Business Process leads to align processes.
A key area for the role will be identifying process improvement opportunities and looking for possible process automations, either raising system enhancement recommendations or implementing Robotics Process Automation tools to eliminate manual work when possible.
The individual will also assist with the general Financial Systems activities in APAC – or other regions - as required, which may include participation in implementation projects, major transformation and process improvement initiatives amongst others.
The candidate must have a strong accounting/finance background as well as well-rounded knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems. He/ She should have strong experience in accounting, including US and usual local GAAP nuances. The person will need a general understanding of International Tax requirements including tax calculation and electronic tax reporting, and experience supporting the Source to Pay cycle, including AP processing, payments settlement and banking. Experience in the Credit to Cash, including revenue recognition, B2B and ideally B2C billing will be desirable, as well as in cash application and bank reconciliation automation.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
Finance systems Support
- Support end users and responds to issues (data or process) on SAP and other financial systems; takes appropriate action to resolve issues
- Ensure issues are collected from the Shared Service Centers & APAC region, and recorded & tracked as required
- Ensure all issues are prioritized and addressed accordingly
- Escalate issues as necessary to the IFS Process Leads and/or corporate partners in the US to drive timely resolution
- Work with the Sr. Managers, Financial Systems in APAC and EMEA and with the Process Leads to develop & review SAP Support strategies for the SSC and the APAC region
- Review issue/support trends and identify proactive solutions
- Work with the sites, DFS team members, Disney Enterprise Technology in the US and HCL to resolve issues.
- Participate in International or APAC regional projects as required, either as a project participant in major projects, or as a project lead for smaller, local projects.
- Work with the SSC to identify system enhancement requirements and opportunities for process improvement. Work with APAC Process Leads and technical teams to determine technical feasibility and priority / impact.
- When system enhancements are not suitable, assess the use and implement Robotic Process Automation to eliminate repetitive, manual efforts.
- Assist in preparing enhancement documentation as required.
- Meet regularly with his/her leadership to ensure team objectives are clear & being met, and to ensure consistent approach to SAP and other financial systems support across the regions in scope.
- Meet regularly with the APAC Controller to ensure that the Mumbai SSC Support requirements are understood, prioritized correctly, and delivered as required
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication is maintained with SSC and APAC key user groups in relation to SAP and other financial system issues
- Work with the Finance and Business Process Leads, and other DFS team members to ensure SAP and other financial systems process and approach remains consistent across the regions
- Work with the relevant DFS groups to ensure regular knowledge sharing, and up skilling of the APAC Support Team
- Ensure internal team knowledge is captured and documented
- Work with the Training and Communications Lead to ensure that training approach is consistent across the region
- Facilitate and deliver end user training as required
- Works with the Sr. Managers, APAC Financial Systems and with the Finance and Business Process Leads to set team direction/priorities, setting individual objectives, reviewing progress, realizing objectives, and enabling development.
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally
- Manages team resources and ensure they are utilized appropriately
- Provides challenging work assignments and development opportunities
- Supports productivity and morale of the team
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
- Ability to define a clear vision and motivate others to embrace change
- Plan and develop potential successors
Basic Qualifications:Experience & Qualifications Required :-
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with financial or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation
- Minimum 3 years of staff management experience
- Well-rounded functional knowledge of SAP system in related process areas.
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in managing projects of medium scale and implemented change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).