Video Research Intern (2021 Beijing)
Beijing, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID orMiffwu Location Beijing, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
We're excited to offer summer internship which provides university students an opportunity to work on significant business-impacting projects. You will have direct interaction with all levels of the company, including members of our leadership team. Our interns design and code their own projects and present their work to our technology and business leaders. We are sincerely welcoming you to join and build a world-leading user experience for millions of viewers!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Investigate, evaluate and implement cutting-edge technologies and innovations in the video space. This includes video coding, playback QoS, video processing, user experience improvement, and video quality assessment.
- Collaborate with other researchers and developers to improve the end-to-end workflow of video transcoding, delivery, and playback.
- Utilize machine learning technologies in video compression, playback QoS optimization, advanced playback experience, or other related areas in the domain.
WHAT TO BRING
- Master or PhD in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering/ Software Engineering and other relevant majors
- Knowledge and expertise in video coding, video processing, quality assessment, playback experience enhancement, network protocols, computer vision, machine learning, or other relevant areas
- Knowledge of video standards and video-related technologies such as HEVC, VVC, AVS, AV1, CMAF, HLS, DASH, VMAF, VQMT, and more.
- Passion for technology and open to interdisciplinary work; highly motivated, independent, and proactive
- Language requirement: Chinese proficiency is required; good written and oral communication in English.
- Time requirement：Hulu offered Summer Intern Program. Part-time (25hr/week) internship for 3 months or full-time (40hr/week) internship for 2 months.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.