DEI Communications Manager, People + CultureApply NowApply Later Job ID 820292BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 22, 2021
Reporting to the Director, DEI Communications, the People/Culture Communications Manager, will work collaboratively w/ the DEI team, HR Communications, Segment Communications and DEI Partners across the enterprise to manage and lead the day-to-day communications efforts for the People/Culture team. The Communications Manager will oversee the Business Employee Resource Groups (BERG) communications strategy, manage multiple work streams, deadlines and deliverables, set goals and timelines, and support a variety of communications and employee engagement initiatives that have a measurable impact on our culture and brand-building efforts.
- Work closely with the Enterprise DEI People/Culture team, developing communications strategies for heritage month observances
- Build and update calendars, write and edit copy, traffic requests and provide communications support of Business Employee Resource Group (BERG) programs as needed
- Manage CEO and Creative Council Communications, writing key messages, leader talking points, council briefings, etc.
- Write, edit and publish BERG and heritage month content for the Company’s internal and external websites and social channels.
- Write content for other channels including emails, newsletters, video scripts, presentations, signage and more
- Work with segment partners to develop and curate creative, inclusive content, including short-form video content, across a range of internal and external communication channels and formats
- Manage relationships and projects that include stakeholders from across the enterprise of varying levels and titles
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum five to seven (5 – 7) years of communications, journalism, public relations or marketing experience
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills and a passion for creating great, creative communications products and experiences that have impact
- Familiarity with AP style writing and formatting
- Executive presence—you will be expected to communicate and interact with senior level executives and have the ability to navigate a complex organization
- Experience with a wide range of digital and social communication formats, channels and tools
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and function effectively in a team environment
- Must possess a positive/can-do attitude and be able to self-manage time and projects, prioritizing and balancing across multiple competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think pro-actively and strategically to help team design solutions for various projects and challenges
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy; able to self-edit and proofread
- Must be proficient using Word Press, Power Point, Keynote and Photoshop. Experience with photo and video editing software/tools a plus.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in communications/public relations, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Preferred Location – Burbank, CA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.