Publicity & Promotions CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 867059BR Location Toronto, Ontario, Canada Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
- Provide support and execute the publicity and promotions strategy for all Disney+, theatrical and in-home releases in Canada
- Execute strategic media outreach and targeted pitches for all releases including long-lead coverage, press days, first-look opportunities and trailer premieres etc.
- Provide support & execute strategic media outreach and targeted pitches for al theatrical releases, including long-lead coverage, press days, first-look opportunities, and trailer premieres etc.
- Assisting with U.S. junket travel coordination, virtual junkets, set visits, Canadian PA tours, press interviews and other press events including film festivals
- Provide support on securing media partners, new & creative 3rd party outreach, partnerships, and screening programs
- Build & maintain strong relationships with national and local media (broadcast, print, digital, radio, bloggers) to generate optimal coverage of our films
- Assist with the managing of press lists and communication
- Execute press releases to support the premieres of trailers, creative, XM initiatives and other content
- Support the WDSMP Canada social media accounts & sites with publicity initiatives including targeting press/influencers for mailer initiatives
- Attend & help coordinate press and promotional screenings as well as other key events
- Create and manage promotional ads and on-line ticketing programs
- Coordinate local promotions with regional partners for promotional screenings
- Managing and communicating to all screening reps
- Creation of top line reports for each priority title
- Build Publicity reports & track coverage, including circulation of daily breaks & reviews
- Support the Director and Managers with a variety of duties and projects as directed
- Support special marketing projects as directed
- Minimum 2 years of publicity experience within the film or entertainment industry
- Good working relationships with the Canadian film & entertainment media (broadcast, print, digital, radio, bloggers)
- Demonstrated knowledge and enthusiasm for film, the entertainment industry, the arts and pop culture in general
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented & superior written abilities a must
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Creative, resourceful & possessing superior research skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative & problem solve
- Enthusiastic, hard working with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with talent and their representatives is a plus
- Working knowledge of Gofobo/Ticktbox is an asset.
- Completion of a Public Relations degree or equivalent
Additional Information:Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Pictures Distribution Canada, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.