Solid Waste Service ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 865565BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 10/01/2021
You will report to the Manager-Gas & Water & Waste Resources & Comp
- You may work first, second or third shift and may be asked to work holidays and weekends to support the needs of the operation
- Administer safety programs and ensure compliance with safety standards for all work activities.
- Develop and then foster a workplace culture focused on Cast Members' safety and wellness
- Provide shift leadership for a group of 15 to 20 Solid Waste and Heavy Equipment Operators
- Oversee all services for the Solid Waste department, including assigned personnel, equipment, and other resources for commercial customers and special events
- Manage all customer service activities including account creation, complaint and billing inquiry resolution
- Ensure department productivity and safety through in-cab ride a longs, daily shift start briefings, monthly staff and safety meetings, knowledge of best practices in the industry, and use of metrics and data to make decisions.
- Design and regularly balances routes for maximum efficiency
- Implement programs designed to heighten business owners' awareness and promote recycling and landfill diversion.
- Manage WDW landfill operations
Depending on the level of education, four (4) or eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in a related area including public works/utilities, transportation, logistics, fleet operations, or solid waste operations. Progressively responsible experience refers to direct leadership of personnel or department-level processes.
- Have a valid driver's license
- Willingness to obtain a CDL license within 1-year from the date of hire
- Comfortable working in different work environments, including outdoors and in industrial settings
- Must be available to work outside normal work hours in response to job demand, equipment availability, and system/equipment emergencies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders
Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in a related area including public works/utilities, transportation, logistics, fleet operations, or solid waste operations.
- Experience leading in a unionized environment
- Bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Experience managing the operation of a landfill
Either of the following:
- Associate's Degree in applicable field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience OR
- High School Degree and eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Environmental Engineering or a related field
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.