Executive Assistant, Communications (DMED)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 871765BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 15, 2021
The DMED communications team is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the SVP of Communications. We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized professional who demonstrates positivity, warmth and calm under pressure. The position requires someone who has a professional communication style and the ability to juggle multiple high priority requests and meet tight deadlines -- who anticipates needs, solves problems, and handles issues with diplomacy and discretion, especially confidential information. This individual will be responsible for calendar management, meeting scheduling and re-scheduling, travel planning, phone messages, task management, and more.
In addition to understanding executive and business needs inside and out, the ideal candidate will also have or quickly develop a deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of the organization and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty, and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success.
- Managing schedule, calendar and meetings for the aforementioned SVP of Communications and the department as needed, interacting directly with other executives and their support teams. Scheduling conference rooms, meetings and video chats.
- Manages the planning, coordination, and execution of virtual events and business travel, including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, and remote support of executives who are out of the office.
- Editing, proof-reading and crafting communications on behalf of executives and team as needed including PowerPoint/Keynote decks, spreadsheets, correspondence, and other documents.
- Maintaining reports, processing expense reports, and tracking information on spreadsheets and/or other task management software.
- Planning team events and activities as needed. Supporting special projects, promotions, events, and/or programs, as needed.
- Providing additional office support such as research, organizing documents, ordering supplies, and processing purchase orders. Assisting with on-boarding new employees and providing backup to other assistants.
- At least 4 years’ experience supporting a Vice President or above and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent computer proficiency – Mac & Windows: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including polished phone skills, with maturity and confidence in working with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with exceptional time management skills
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly, even when taking direction from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful and flexible in a fast-paced environment where change is constant
- Positive attitude, personable and approachable, self-motivated
- Excellent grammar skills with copy editing / proof reading experience preferred
- Demonstrates curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the ‘big picture’
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Adept at creating and organizing events – virtual and in-person
- Self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision, exercise good judgement, anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
- Flexible, responsive and a multi-tasking team player who is willing to pitch in to help the team meet critical deadlines
- Proactive in thinking of ways to improve productivity and efficiency
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule. Some overtime required
- Background in Communications, Writing, Marketing, Business or other related fields (highly preferred)
- Previous Executive support experience in a media, sales, technology or entertainment environment (highly preferred)
- SAP experience
- Entertainment Industry experience
- Experience working with International territories and time zones preferred
- Event planning or coordination is a plus
- BA or BS in Communications, English, Business Administration or related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.