Counsel, Disney Television Animation (TVA)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 933515BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Mar. 13, 2022
- Meet with business affairs, creative, production and finance executives to collaborate on deal structuring, contractual language, and to advise regarding labor and related issues;
- Negotiate, draft and finalize various contracts, including agreements for writers, voice talent, directors, independent contractors, production services, vendor agreements, rights acquisition, etc.;
- Successfully liaise with talent representatives;
- Review, research and advise regarding intellectual property issues and clearance as to content;
- Work with third party production companies with respect to legal matters on assigned productions; and
- Work with business partners and legal colleagues throughout the company to advise and document as necessary with respect to exploitation of TVA content outside of television exhibition.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of combined experience in a law firm and/or network/studio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work independently and to contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
- Experience with respect to guild and union agreements, contract law, first amendment issues, and/or intellectual property law (including defamation, right of publicity, parody).
- Prior production and/or distribution experience (particularly animation), or other entertainment, media experience a plus.
- Related experience in entertainment-related field, with emphasis on contracts, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law.
- Experience in employment law, including wrongful termination and wage and hour issues.
- California Bar membership preferred.
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
Additional Information:#legalaffairs #corp_media #li-jb3
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call Disney Television Animation.
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.