Product Development Coordinator - 12 months contractApply NowApply Later Job ID 952707BR Location Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 29, 2022
Responsibilities:Working closely with and supervised by the creative lead, this role has these responsibilities:
- Act as brand guardian to ensure that product development and designs adhere to Disney’s brand standards and guidelines.
- Drive all stages of the product development process with external partners from concept to final product in an effective and timely manner. Ensure quality is aligned with Disney guidelines and standards
- Permanently educate licensees to ensure understanding of all the available Disney tools (DMC, OPA, branding and packaging guidelines)
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of Disney’s, Marvel’s Lucas (Star Wars) and Twentieth Century characters (old & new) to ensure a relevant application following consumer segment, trend and / or product opportunity
- Understand local business strategies and objectives to ensure product development is in line with the business expectations. Partner with key account team and licensees in their range planning and product development
- Support creative team with setting up new and existing partners on the system and providing access to style guides where required
- Establish a strong, open and transparent relationship with partners to be able to constantly improve their product portfolio & -offer. Share best practices and ideas to inspire partners to drive new and innovative opportunities
- Support and collaborate across other teams where required on a variety of projects
- Background in creative design would be advantageous – ideally within licensing consumer products
- Strong commercial awareness
- Good understanding of product development process in manufacturing, print, and fabrication techniques
- Strong organizational skills, pursues excellence with integrity and can work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and guidelines
- Able to take ownership of work
- The ability to effectively convey feedback to internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (second language in Arabic also a bonus)
- Skills in relevant programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D modeling software’s, Keynote/PowerPoint would be advantageous
- A team player with a high level of enthusiasm in collaborating across teams. Understands the dynamics and challenges in a fast growing & multicultural environment
- Ability to multi-task within a small, fast paced & dynamic group
- Degree in relevant field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.