AI Conversation DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10005248 Location Santa Monica, California, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
AI Conversation Designer
The combined Disney Streaming and Hulu Viewer Experience (VX, or Customer Support) organization is seeking an AI Conversation Designer who will be an invaluable addition to our Self-Service Content & Engagement team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating conversational flows for both text and voice-forward AI channels across Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ self-service channels. You’ll collaborate with Product Managers to create delightful conversational experiences that bridge the gap between self-service and assisted support. You’ll also work closely with other content creators, strategists, and an editor to ensure a holistic Tone of Voice and unified content strategy across all support content. The right person for this role is a strong writer with a background in conversation design who understands their audience and has deep empathy for anyone who just wants to unwind with some trouble-free TV time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Own every stage of the conversation design process, from research and design mapping to script writing and QA across Disney Streaming brands
● Design intuitive and adaptive user journeys for multiple chatbots
● Design conversational flows for various voice-driven AI channels (IVA, IVR)
● Work closely with stakeholders to craft unique personalities for all Disney Streaming chatbots and IVAs
● Collaborate with Product Managers and other stakeholders to guide the user experience of an AI product from conception until launch (and then come back and make improvements)
● Use data and user insights to optimize existing conversational flows
● Document standards, frameworks, and processes for Conversation Design
● Juggle multiple projects at once, while prioritizing your tasks and meeting tight deadlines
● Coordinate the localization process for our global audiences (16 languages and counting)
WHAT TO BRING
● Excellent writing skills (impeccable spelling and grammar) and proven track record of writing in different styles and tones on behalf of a brand
● 2+ years of experience designing conversational experiences for AI channels
● Portfolio featuring examples of conversational experiences
● Proven experience contributing to design for products in a cross-functional environment
● Knowledge of how qualitative and quantitative research can improve your designs
● Proven organizational and interpersonal skills
● Ability to independently lead multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
● Knowledge of and experience with natural language processing
● Degree in Linguistics, English, Journalism, or Screenwriting
● Experience working with localization teams
● Understanding of how SEO principles influence writing and knowledge of Google Search Console and Google Analytics
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.