Music AssistantApply NowApply Later Job ID 10007476 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 30, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Maintains, records, and supplies the flow of music from the in–house music archive to the producers for on-air usage, is involved in the input of music cue reporting and coordination of cue sheet tracking, and helps coordinate music shipments in and out of the Bristol Campus.
- Works with others in the Music staff on the implementation of the company’s music procedures and policies as it pertains to ESPN Content.
- Organize and input audio assets and music cue metadata into the cue sheet management system for all ESPN networks.
- Assist in the registration of ESPN owned copyrights and organization of Copyright metadata.
- Management of the storage, organization, update and ingest of digital metadata for tracking and monetization.
- Edits music cuts for thematic, commercial and library music packages, as needed.
- Work with Music Coordinators to organize, compile and deliver series/seasonal music packages for assigned Productions.
- Assists in the preparation, filing, trafficking and organization of music licenses and related music documentation.
- Input song and license fee information for cleared third party songs into departmental database.
- Cue sheet support including, but not limited to, the approval of music cue sheets, facilitation of cue sheets to licensors, compliance reporting for all ESPN networks, delivery of ESPN cue sheets to affiliated networks and/or publishing entities.
- Coordinates updates from production music libraries, tracks usage and liaises with production contacts at the libraries.
- Assists in the procurement and monitors the circulation of physical audio media.
- Maintain the departments Music Resource website.
- Responsible for the organization, up keep and maintenance of the Music Department’s audio equipment.
- Manages the conversion of music from physical CD’s to audio files for storage in digital archives.
- Exhibit the ability to train incoming employees on the department’s basic functions, cue sheet management system and administrative systems currently in use.
- Assists others on the music team with other music-related projects and tasks, as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of clearance requests, reporting, correspondence and licensing agreements, as needed.
Basic Qualifications :
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift and Weekends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prioritize projects based on time & resources available.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills and abilities required.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems require, including proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Ability to operate audio/video equipment and recording equipment, including Cart, ENCO and CD duplication and various digital media software.
- Experience using Adobe Audition audio editing software or similar DAW.
- Experience using WordPress or similar Content Management System.
- Minimum of 2 years of college with some professional experience or understanding related to broadcast, technical operations, library science, or music backgrounds preferred.
- Spanish proficiency.
Required Education :
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.