QA Analyst, Responsive WebApply Now Apply Later Job ID 521939BR Location New York, New York, United States Business BAMTECH Media Date posted Apr. 19, 2018
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
The QA Analyst will be responsible for supporting and coordinating all aspects of QA activities for BAMTECH Media’s responsive applications. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing requirements, user stories and design documentation to ensure that they are clearly defined, complete, and testable. The analyst will be responsible for the creation and execution of test plans, test cases, and test scripts to verify new and existing (regression) software functionality with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will contribute both to the definition and the enforcement of quality assurance processes and procedures based on best practice methodology.
- Work with automation team to apply new technologies and automated test solutions (proprietary and open-sourced) for implementation.
- Develop/update test scripts/test cases with the automation team to ensure the quality and efficiency of the testing.
- Proactively learn and understand existing platform and proposed new feature requirements. Provide feedback during review.
- Employ metrics and methodologies to test features on different platforms such as desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Experience and knowledge of open source automated functional test tools is desired.
- Employ best practices to execute and validate product releases against defined feature and regression test scripts. Work to expose anomalies and variations between platform requirements and implementation.
- Performed cross-browser testing on Chrome, Firefox, Edge in Windows 10 and Safari/Mac
- Experience in testing
- Multiple operating system platforms (Macintosh, Windows, iOS, Android)
- Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Device types (handset, tablet, etc)
- Familiarity with proxy tools (Charles, etc…)
- Output platforms (Flash, HTML5, etc…)
- Media playback controls and features (Multi-mode view, VOD, Linear, DVR, PIP)
- Browser console output familiarity
- Geo-location testing
- Troubleshooting playback issues
- Provide project estimates, plan and manage ongoing service activities
- Identify and troubleshoot issues (both Front-End and Back-End).
- Participate in all areas of testing as needed (such as functional and regression testing, performance, load, and stress testing).
- Produce well-structured, repeatable feature and regression test scripts for manual and automated testing that support platform quality within the agile framework. Maintain test scripts over time.
- Create clearly documented defect reports for anomalies and bugs identified during test execution
- Employ best practices to continuously improve quality assurance within an agile framework over time
- Skills in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis.
- Experience documenting processes and procedures.
- Experience conditioning test data by configuring data in ways that trigger or fulfill certain use cases.
- Knowledge in creating multiple email addresses to test multiple account creation and user settings.
- Ability to work with cross functional business stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with high initiative. Must be able to seek out information to effectively complete assignments.
- BS or BA degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.