Amsterdam, North Holland, NetherlandsApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775484BR Location Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
The Web Software Engineering Team at Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is an international team with offices in New York, San Francisco, and the Netherlands. We are responsible for building and maintaining the web applications for Disney+, ESPN+, NHL and more for over 80 million subscribers worldwide!
We are looking for a talented Full Stack engineer to join our Data Visualization team based in Amsterdam. We are a team that creates large-scale, highly-performant web applications for Disney+ and more. This team transforms large, complex datasets into fast and responsive user interfaces used by stakeholders across all aspects of our streaming business.
What you’ll do:
- Convert complex datasets into usable metrics via GraphQL / Hasura
- Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services
- Enforce code quality by writing tests
- Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications
- Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and media teams to define product requirements
- 3+ years experience building web applications.
- Experience with GraphQL in a NodeJS application development environment.
- Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs
- Experience with streaming video, e-commerce, large data applications and analytics suites
- Exposure to Data Visualization Libraries such as Chart.js
- Hands on experience with React/Redux in a production application
- Experience with Webpack
- Working in a Docker development environment
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.