Amsterdam, - - NLApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 747757BR Location Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
Job Summary:An opportunity has arisen within the IT support team in our Amsterdam Disney Streaming Services office so if you like working with and supporting world-class technical teams this would suit you. We recently launched Disney+ in North America, Netherland, Australia and New Zealand and by the time you start this role we will also be live in mainland Europe and India so huge growth is anticipated throughout 2020.
- Provide world class technical support for Disney Streaming Services Europe employees in the areas of network engineering, systems engineering, and service desk support
- Collaborate with our US based corporate infrastructure technology team on network and systems engineering projects and operations
- Troubleshoot network and systems performance and optimize development workflow of Disney+ product teams.
- Perform daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
- Eligibility to work in the Netherlands and travel internationally occasionally
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- 2+ years working in internet related fields, and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP
- Strong familiarity with Cisco routers, switches and Firepower firewalls
- Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity
- Strong knowledge of wireless network technology, preferably in high density environments
- Knowledge of user authentication, authorization and Identity management products and technologies such as: 802.1x, TACACS, Radius, and Cisco ISE
- Understanding of PKI as well as deployment via SCEP.
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Excellent customer presentation skills
- Basic Linux fundamentals
- Experience in either the media or web scale sectors
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies
- Bachelor's degree (preferably engineering related)
Additional Information:On offer is a competitive salary which is complemented by a Disney benefits and rewards package which includes your annual bonus, pension, holiday allowance, annual bonuses, Disney parks & resorts passes and discounts on Disney merchandise.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.