Product Designer - Profile & IdentityApply NowApply Later Job ID 886234BR Location Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
About the team:
We are looking for a Product Designer to join Disney Streaming in Amsterdam!
Disney Streaming is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports, and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences.
The Product Design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving the apps people use every day. As a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers, we are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and inclusive experiences that connect people with the content they love.
You will be joining the new Profile & Identity team with a mission to create a trusted one-to-one relationship between Disney and each consumer through clear and accessible design. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for creating best-in-class core user features that span across the expansive and diverse portfolio of Disney services and touch authentication, registration, and personalisation. This is an opportunity to collaborate with the very best in design, product and technology to help shape industry-leading products used by millions across the world.
As a part of this team, you will have a great working culture, an open, safe and transparent environment where your voice counts and your opinions matter. You’ll join a team that critiques work daily and work together as equals.
What you’ll do:
- Be instrumental in the development of features from start to finish
- Critique and support fellow designers
- Partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including product managers, developers, researchers, business analysts, and legal/compliance throughout the discovery, design and development process
- Take part in user experience research sessions and help create studies to validate solutions and practice evidence-based design
- Follow a user-centred design process to clearly understand the motivations and behaviours of our users, and design intuitive solutions that help them meet their goals
- Rapidly concept multiple solutions at varying levels of fidelity, from sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes, understanding the proper level of fidelity required to communicate your point of view
- Help evolve our design systems and brand guidelines, ensuring a high level of quality, establishing a consistent look and feel throughout the product
- Work well autonomously, self-managing and taking ownership of work, from discovery to production, but also able to take direction and work within parameters
What we’re looking for:
- A full-stack product designer with a solid conceptual and design sense, able to execute across a range of digital experiences
- A natural collaborator and design thinker who translates consumer and business needs into innovative, customer-driven strategic artefacts and solutions
- Collaborative, working well within a team environment as an individual contributor with direction and accountability
- Adaptable and receptive to design feedback
- Comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, with strong interpersonal skills
- Deadline-oriented and efficient, possessing strong time management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, carefully reviewing your work at all stages
- Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress, status, and workload
- Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design team
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies
- Design aesthetic, critical thinking and analysis skills
- Portfolio or work showcasing UX prowess, creativity, problem-solving and depth of thought coupled with fluency in best practices for UX Design, Visual Design, and supporting Front-End Development
- Ability to convert ideas quickly into design artifacts
- Proficiency in UI design tooling (Sketch and/or Figma)
- Experience utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
- Proficiency in one or more prototyping tools (for e.g. Principle, Adobe XD, Framer, Invision, Proto.io, Figma, Sketch).
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain design decisions
- Some cross-platform design experience, I.E. Responsive web, Mobile operating systems and/or operating systems for living room devices like consoles, smart TVs and Set-top boxes.
- Basic knowledge of engineering and platform dependant constraints
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Facilitating workshops
- Conducting and leveraging user research
- Designing for living room devices and global products that people use
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.