Amsterdam, North Holland, NetherlandsApply NowApply Later
Job ID 786086BR Location Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Product Manager at Disney+ in Amsterdam. You will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design, marketing, data science, platform and media delivery teams to understand our subscribers, and find ways to get more of them!
What you’ll do:
- Drive features and initiatives that promote more overall video viewing within Disney+.
- Your focus is on the art and science of product management, the process to make it effective, to make it efficient, reliable and mindful of Disney+, your team and our subscribers.
- Motivate your team to sprint towards shared goals in ways that create excitement and ownership.
- Think about the strategic business goals of Disney and you work to ensure your team’s resources are being spent in ways that align with those goals.
- Identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward.
- Directly execute initiatives toward engagement and retention related outcomes.
- Collaborate well and often with other Disney+ teammates in Amsterdam, New York and San Francisco and drive alignment and consensus toward mutual goals/outcomes. .
- At the same time be able to bring engineering conversations to high level management in order to find the best solution to each project.
- Around 1 - 2 years experience creating and building products and working with teams of software engineers, designers and other cross-functional teams, focused on outcome-based deliverables in the engagement area.
- Comfortable in a fast changing environment, with frequently changing demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and circumstances.
- You are technical, can design, can interpret data, understand engagement nuances, and can propose high-yield bets to drive and exceed goals.
- You are an excellent communicator. Able to understand requirements from all parts of the business and translate them into actionable items to several engineering teams and partners.
- Bonus points if you have a Business Analyst or Data science background
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.