Senior Manager - Media Operations
Amsterdam, - - NLApply NowApply Later
Job ID 751924BR Location Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 03, 2020
The Media Operations Team at Disney Streaming Services (DSS) consists of an agile and
responsive group of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures for our live
and on-demand streaming video products. The team is responsible for round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
As the Sr. Manager, Media Ops, you are a lead member of a daily operations team responsible
for delivering high profile media products to market. By mastering in-depth workflow
knowledge and operational experience, you will guide a team of Supervisors, Leads,
and Operators in the day-to-day activities that enable surfacing and removing live and on-
demand content from all streaming playback platforms.
Production Operations is responsible for live/VOD streaming media operations and
fulfillment for various products within DSS. Oversight includes both Linear and Event based
content. In addition, within the Production Operations organisations sits the Production Service
Operations (PSO) team that oversees issue intake/routing, issue remediation, and
In addition to these media operations, responsibilities will also include collection and organization of data that drive platforms during optimal and service-outage incidents, incident management, procedure documentation, and client and product support as needed, which may potentially include holidays, nights and weekends.
What you do:
As the Senior Manager, Media Ops you will:
- Influence internal and external business direction and make informed technology decisions utilizing detailed knowledge of key proprietary applications
- Be accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams
- Make decisions and provide leadership in high pressure and time sensitive situations, guided by resource availability and functional objectives
- Serve as the primary axis point between Tech Ops/Program Operations/QoE regarding product related operations
- Exhibit expert knowledge to analyze the intricacies of complex technical issues; stay informed of industry innovations; provide new perspectives on existing solutions
- Execute defined processes to validate the quality and availability of live and VOD content Streams
- Record steps to troubleshoot workflows when issues arise
- Field workflow requirements from senior staff and gathers data in support of documentation of workflows
- Familiarity with live/on-demand streaming
- Passion for leadership and relationship building across cross-functional tech teams,
- Excellent communication and creativing writing skills with the ability to develop departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Ability to make decisions about operational best practice and SOP
- Mastery of Incident Management process and capability to distribute that process to operations staff
- Ability to quickly grasp new and complex technical information and partner with software engineering teams
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.