Senior Systems Engineer
Amsterdam, North Holland, NetherlandsApply NowApply Later
Job ID 792492BR Location Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 12, 2021
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join Disney Streaming Services in Amsterdam. The role will be focused on automation, building for scale, and implementing fault tolerant systems. You have expertise in Windows and Linux Systems Engineering and Administration, Scripting, as well as both Cloud and On-premises virtualization platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Provide world class engineering and support for Disney Streaming globally
- Collaborate with our global corporate infrastructure technology team on Systems Engineering projects and operations
- Perform maintenance, updates, routine hardware and software configurations, and provide problem resolution as necessary
- Engineer and build complex technical architectures and concepts at the direction of the Systems Engineering Director
- Identify opportunities for automation within corporate IT infrastructure ecosystem
- Install applications and databases relevant to automation
- 5+ Years of experience working with system state management tools (Ansible Tower / Jenkins)
- 3+ Years of experience working with Cloud Platforms preferably Amazon Web Services
- Expert in Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Proficient in REST API integrations
- Proficient in scripting languages such as PowerShell , Python & Groovy,
- Experience working with business continuity automation tools such as Catalogic or VMWare SRM
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Excellent customer presentation skills
Bonus points if you are familiar with the some of the following technologies:
- Load Balancers (F5 / Netscaler)
- VMWare PowerCLI
- Active Directory
- Database platforms
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.