Senior Technical Analyst
Amsterdam, North Holland, NetherlandsApply NowApply Later
Job ID 875078BR Location Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming Services consists of agile and responsive teams of analysts that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The department’s responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
The Technical Operations team serves to shape the technical procedures to be employed by operators in day-to-day business. They accomplish this by working alongside engineers and software developers to gain insight into how backend services and infrastructure are built and the details of their workflows. This allows them to better understand how to monitor and support vital workflows that deliver our products to our customers. In addition, we function as the DevOps for these services teams and carry out certain roles and responsibilities on their behalf such as scaling, triaging, building dashboards and being the Tier 1 on-call support for selected teams.
- Work with day-to-day Media Operations to ensure data, services, media and distribution mechanics function properly to serve all streaming media properties.
- Can speak with subject matter expertise around Data, Services, Media, and Distribution mechanics with a clear and complete understanding of at least one of the disciplines.
- Develop automated solutions to streamline manual operational processes and reduce toil introduced by tasks that require operators/analysts to perform manual actions
- Ability to inspect wide-ranging data sets with a focus on incident resolution
- Mastered troubleshooting techniques and thinks creatively about solutions to complex data problems
- Delivers on routine and non-routine decisions around technical issues by combining accumulated experience and knowledge with inspected data-sets.
- Must be able to creatively solve complex data and media issues pro-actively, in-flight and posthumously.
- Be a liaison between dev/engineering teams to the Media Operations team
- Pro-actively support Media Operations workflows before, during and after live events
- Improve knowledge around Media/User services workflows
- Typically has 4-6 years of experience in a technical field
- Experience with cloud computing software development
- Mastery understanding in data synthesis and processing from origination to completion
- Certified or has exhibited equivalent competency in cloud computing or analytical discipline
- Knowledgeable understanding of programming languages
- Show initiative in leading a group to reach a common goal.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.