AC and Refrigeration Mechanic - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1154805BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Nov. 15, 2023
Does the prospect of having one location to come to work every day sound appealing?
Would you like to help others "keep their cool" at "The Happiest Place on Earth"! If so, Disneyland Resort may have your dream job!
As the Air Conditioning Mechanic, we are responsible for but not limited to maintaining, and repairing air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, ventilating, and related equipment. We are also responsible for researching vendors and suppliers and order parts accordingly. We use a maintenance management system to handle and assign work.
(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
Preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and repair including:
- Direct expansion (DX) units - packaged or split; air handling units
- Variable or constant volume
- Window and roof-top units
- Building-automation or energy-management systems
- CO systems
- Beverage and ice-delivery systems
- Gaylord hood exhaust systems
- Frozen-beverage equipment
- Walk-in refrigerators and freezers
- Read, interpret, and trace schematics, and use accurate repair-and-replacement procedures as depicted in maintenance/vendor manuals.
- Manage assigned workload through use of the computerized maintenance management system (MAXIMO)
- Coordinate and partner with other skilled craftsmen of various building trades
Basic Qualifications:Schedule Availability:
- Available to work Sunday through Saturday, all shifts (i.e., 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays
- Experience in restaurant refrigeration maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of principles of heating ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, with a detailed knowledge of the handling and use of refrigerants
- Certification as a Universal technician as required by 40CFR part 82 subpart F.
- A proven understanding on the various types of air conditioning and air-handling systems, kitchen exhaust systems, variable-air-volume systems, refrigeration-and-food equipment, and beverage systems used throughout the Resort
- Ability to use the various tools and devices associated with the HVAC/refrigeration trade, including refrigeration gauges, amp probes or clamp meters, vacuum pumps, electrical testers, torches, charging scales, and volt meters
Additional Information:Those assigned to the AC and Refrigeration Mechanic position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test. audiometric exam and a semi-annual Lead/Zinc blood test.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; Shifts may start as early as 6:00 AM, while some may end as late as 5:00 AM.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, Facilities, HeroesWorkHere, refrigeration, air conditioning, ac, hvac, walk-ins, ice machine
The pay rate for this role in California is $37.00 to $45.04 per hour, which follows the pay scale agreed upon in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the employee’s job-related knowledge, skills, experience and seniority or adjusted service date, among other factors. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.