Ager/Grainer - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1034587BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Sep. 20, 2022
The starting pay rate for this position is $30.11 per hour.
An Ager/Grainer performs the preparation of surfaces prior to the application of paints and coatings to buildings, interior and exterior, applies stains and paints to furniture and walls, assists in drywall preparation prior to painting, refinishes furniture, props and food carts, prepares and finishes surfaces to create the appearance of age, deterioration, usage, and duplicates the appearance of wood grains, marble, and other appearances.
Responsibilities:Painting, coating and aging and graining techniques for buildings and furniture in the field and on special projects.
Those assigned to the Ager-Grainer position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class, and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, audiometric exam and a semi-annual lead blood test.
Basic Qualifications:Schedule Availability
- Able to work overtime, holidays, weekends and any shift when requested.
- Experience painting and burning surfaces to create the appearance of age, deterioration, and usage
- Experience duplicating/simulating different wood grains, marble and other appearances
- Experience safely using common craft tools - brushes, rollers, mixers, spray equipment, plaster and patching trowels, sanders, ladders, etc.
- Experience with the proper preparation of surfaces to be painted – sanding, scraping, cleaning, patching of walls, caulking of dissimilar joints and areas of windows, doors and trim
- Experience erecting scaffolding, ladders or other equipment to meet safety standards for working at higher levels
- Experience measuring surfaces to determine paint and material needs for a given area
- Knowledge of types of paints and coatings – latex, oil and enamel, stains, primers and patching compounds.
- Knowledge of mixing colors, tinting, toning and blending to match an existing painted/colored surface using the proper type of paint, such as latex or oil base paint or stains
- Ability to follow directions and read instructions
- Ability to coordinate and work cohesively with other skilled craftsmen of various building trades
Additional Information!:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, Facilities, HeroesWorkHere
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.