Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Housing Programming & Events Internship/DLR - FA '18Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522634BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Disneyland Resort College Program Housing & Events Team is located approximately two miles north of the Disneyland Resort in the Center Street Promenade apartment complex of Downtown Anaheim. We provide daily support, resources, guidance, growth and a safe and fun environment for the participants of the Disneyland College Program. We also create and manage events for all College Program Participants.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
In this role, you will be responsible for, but not limited to: Leading the Digital Marketing Strategy for the Disney College Program at the Disneyland Resort. The intern will assist with the participant’s arrival and departure process and creating a sense of community. You will be responsible for planning, marketing executing, preparing after action reporting and budgeting of College Program events. You’ll support the Disney College Program Office by answering telephone calls, assisting in apartment meetings, partnering with vendors and be responsible for checking out rental items to College Program residents. The intern will also be responsible for the inventory and upkeep of bulletin boards, props, decorations and dry stock.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role:
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- High-level Guest Service skills including proactive problem solving and decision making abilities
- Demonstrated strong skills in digital marketing and knowledgeable of ever-changing social media trends
- Experience in planning activities and events
- Strong computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Proven budget management skills
- Previous experience as a Resident Assistant or Campus Activities Board Member
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with Cast Members, clients and operation areas
- Ability to focus on delivering exceptional guest service
- Prior experience and knowledge of the Disneyland Resort
- Strong background in Mediation Techniques
- Currently earning a college/university degree as a junior or senior (up to 6 months after graduation) in Special Events, Recreation, Leisure Studies, Marketing, Public Relations, H.R. Management and Hospitality or related major
- Be a former or current Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship Participant
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Since its opening in 1955, the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California has welcomed guests of all ages from around the globe. The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus the Downtown Disney District comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s three hotels are the luxurious Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; the magical Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its "day-at-the-beach" fun.
Additional InformationNo Housing Available: This internship is located in Anaheim, CA. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.