ArchitectApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734771BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 31, 2020
This role supports theme park and resort projects by developing concept drawings, designs, construction documents, accessibility surveys, facility condition surveys and by providing construction services. Provides input into the development of guidelines and standards.
- Performs as Architect or Architect of Record on moderate sized single and multidiscipline projects.
- Develops project scopes and sets project direction.
- Directs the work of architects and architectural designers.
- Interfaces with landscape architects, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineers, and outside A&E consulting firms. Interfaces with Engineering Services, Parks and Resorts Operators and Project Management.
- Registered Architect, State of California
- Proven minimum 3 years experience in the Architectural profession
- Demonstrated familiarity with all phases of architectural practice
- Demonstrated Accessibility (ADA) design experience
- Demonstrated design management skills
- Demonstrated general business skills
- Demonstrated CADD experience (AutoCAD latest edition)
- Demonstrated REVIT experience (latest edition)
- Familiarity with local codes and national standards
- 2 - 3 years of experience in the field
- Minimum of 2 year leadership experience
- Minimum of 3 year consulting experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with a facilities architecture and engineering group
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Post Professional Degree from an NAAB accredited
- University/College of Architecture or equivalent as required by the State of California for registration.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.