Area Mgr- EntertainmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 975483BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
You will report to an Operations Manager.
- Perform as a leader of leader for Stage Managers. Including: 1 on 1 check-ins with salaried direct reports, creation of Leader Schedules and enhance overall performance of team through building/supporting an inclusive, positive culture.
- Project management support for Operations Manager
- Develop operations roll call/briefings strategy; participation in departmental meetings and communication of relevant information to Cast Members.
- Execute area/park/DLR initiatives to drive positive Guest & Cast experiences
- Workforce Management/ Scheduling strategies
- Entertainment Stage Management coverage to support Operation, Cast and Entertainment Stage Manager team
- Work with key partners to resolve issues and remove barriers – includes working with Labor Relations and Employee Relations, make disciplinary decisions, help with return to work issues and escalated Cast concerns.
- Work with peers across other LOBs in the neighborhood or across the park/site. Manage communication to broad range of partners.
- Work with Entertainment Stage Managers to monitor staffing and other expenses while driving revenue/profit.
- Observe performances and Entertainment offerings. Provide feedback to Entertainment Stage Managers to ensure quality Entertainment in alignment with the brand.
- 4+ years of leadership/managerial experience leading a team in an operational or related environment
- Ability to drive positive results of an operation (i.e. operating budget, revenue, labor, inventory systems, costs, etc.)
- Encourage positive operational cast and guest service experiences
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends, variable shifts and holidays
- Prior experience or at the Disneyland Resort in an entertainment role (e.g. character, parade performer, shows and atmosphere performer, musician) or other experience in the entertainment industry (e.g. show calling experience or other theatrical experience.)
- Participation in a BERG or other DEI initiatives
- Experience leading in a union environment
- Bilingual skills
- High school degree or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.