Associate Principal Counsel (Employment and Premises Litigation)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 983308BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Corporate Legal department of The Walt Disney Company handles a wide range of matters and counseling worldwide. We are seeking an Associate Principal Counsel of Litigation with expertise in the areas of labor and employment as well as premises liability to be an integral part of the team that supports the Disneyland Resort.
- Represent the Company in litigated matters in state and federal courts.
- Lead document preservation efforts, collect facts and evidence, interview witnesses, draft and revise legal briefs, negotiate and draft settlement agreements.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of outside counsel relationships, including development of case strategy, motions and briefs, trial preparation, staffing, budgets and invoices, and compliance with outside counsel guidelines.
- Supervise and manage paralegal staff in litigated and non-litigated matters including responses to subpoenas and legal inquiries.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local laws.
- Collaborate with business and legal colleagues throughout the Company.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to Disneyland Resort lines of business; coordinate with other areas of the legal department in counseling on contractual, competition, and risk management issues; contribute to the negotiation and drafting of agreements.
- Identify and manage techniques to increase the quality and efficiency of legal services.
- Minimum of seven years of litigation experience in a law firm or corporate legal department or combination of the two, with significant concentrations in both premises and employment-related matters; experience with California law required, Hawaii law is a plus.
- Significant trial and other case management experience, including E-discovery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; superior drafting and negotiating skills.
- First-rate judgment; high ethical, moral, and personal values.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with outside counsel, co-workers and clients.
- Identify, review, analyze, and mitigate legal risks, assess complex issues, and devise practical strategies and solutions.
- Ability to address multiple priorities.
- Experience with other complex commercial litigation is a plus.
- Judicial clerkship experience is a plus.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.