Associate Principal Counsel, Sales & MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711798BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
The Disneyland Resort Legal Department is seeking qualified candidates for an Associate Principal Counsel position to provide legal advice to various departments at the Disneyland Resort including Sales, Marketing and Operations.
Responsibilities:Commercial transactions, including drafting and negotiating various agreements, reviewing marketing and sales collateral, and providing legal advice to various business units.
- A transactional attorney with a minimum of 7 years of commercial transactional experience•
- Excellent negotiation, contract drafting, and written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate concepts and issues effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision, on projects and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk, to advise various business units of the risks, and to exercise sound legal judgment
- Proven client relationship skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated capacity to stay abreast of relevant, emerging trends in the law
- Experience with sales, marketing, intellectual property, social media, information technology, and governmental/regulatory law is a plus
- Understanding of the theme park, resort, and entertainment industry is a plus
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Admission to the State Bar of California or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel in the State of California.
- Law degree from a top-tier law school
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.