Associate Principal CounselApply NowApply Later Job ID 972935BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted May 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Draft and negotiate agreements and provide legal advice to various business units
- Provide advice on regulatory compliance, licensing and risk management related matters to various business units
- A transactional attorney with a minimum of seven (7) years of commercial transactional experience
- Excellent negotiation, contract drafting, and written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate concepts and issues effectively with all levels of management
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and an ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision, on projects and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk, to advise various business units of the risks, and to exercise sound legal judgment
- Proven client relationship skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues
- Demonstrated capacity to stay abreast of relevant, emerging trends in the law
- Experience advising on regulatory matters is a plus
- Understanding of the theme park, resort and entertainment industry is a plus
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
Additional Information:#legalaffairs #corp_media #li-jb3
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.