Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Staff Physician (Per Diem)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522693BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 05/02/2018
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The medical provider responsibilities include providing evidenced based medical evaluation and treatment in a fast paced occupational medical practice which focuses on providing world class occupational medical services. A broad range of occupational medical services will be provided including conducting Dept. of Transportation examinations for commercial drivers, rendering medical approval for workers to wear respirators, determining OSHA recordkeeping and administering care for work related injuries and illnesses. The candidate for this position will have the responsibility for outlining a plan of care, providing therapeutic guidance, prescribing, and counseling. The position also requires the ability to work collaboratively with administrative, nursing and disability management staff, as well as other medical providers. An ability to successfully interface with a diverse population of Cast, management, and external medical providers is essential.
- Conduct physical examinations and fitness-for-duty assessments
- Treat illnesses and injuries sustained by employees during working hours, both urgent and scheduled
- Medically evaluate and treat occupationally related medical conditions, including ordering appropriate medication and work restrictions, with a focus on minimizing disability and early return to work
- Make recommendations for appropriate referrals when applicable using the policies established by Health Services and the Workers Compensation Department
- Develop knowledge of health promotion resources available to Cast Members, and counsel them in their use as medically indicated to support organizational goals related to Wellness
- Document all activities in the Electronic Medical Record used by Health Service
- Current License to Practice Medicine in the State of California (MD or DO)
- Demonstrated experience in treating a wide variety of musculoskeletal disorders, laceration repair, dermatological conditions, and possible inhalation exposures
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with an Electronic Medical Record
- OSHA recordkeeping rule knowledge, or willingness to learn
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high degree of professionalism
- A minimum of 40 days per year is required. Must be available for weekend work. A typical schedule includes two 8-hour weekend shifts per month, as well as occasional weekday shift.
- BCLS Certification
- Occupational medicine experience
- Board certification in a primary care and/or emergency medicine specialty
- Commercial driver medical examiner certified through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Board certified in occupational medicine preferred
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.