Brush Painter - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 964635BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 04/24/2022
(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $28.55 per hour.
The Brush Painter prepares surfaces prior to application of paints and coatings to buildings (interior and exterior), Attraction vehicles, vending carts, trash cans, benches, and a variety of other components. The Brush Painter assists in drywall preparation and prepares and finishes surfaces to journeyman standards of paint application and direction from special Disney organizations.
- Ability to use basic craft tools (brushes, rollers, mixers, spray equipment, plaster and patching trowels, sanders, ladders, etc.)
- Knowledge and skills to perform surface prep. for painting (sanding, scraping, cleaning, patching of walls, caulking of dissimilar joints and areas of windows, doors and trim)
- Knowledge and skills to perform surface prep. for painting (sanding, scraping, cleaning, patching of a multitude of substrate material i.e, fiberglass, wood, carbon steel)
- Knowledge of paints and coatings (latex, oil and enamel, stains, primers and patching compounds); mixing colors, tinting, toning and blending to match an existing painted or colored surface using the proper type of paint
- Ability to work with plastic and fiberglass fillers
- Knowledge of the use of scaffolding, ladders or other equipment to meet safety standards for working at higher levels
- Ability to measure surfaces and area to determine required materials for particular tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally when interacting with internal customers, other Cast Members and Guests
- Ability to work independently and in concert with other Cast Members and is expected to coordinate efforts and function as a team member
- Must have the journeyman-level experience to perform the duties listed under “Responsibilities” above.
- Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
- Competencies to perform painting, coating, and paper hanging techniques for buildings and exterior facades, including posters and temporary signs. Also required is the knowledge of and ability to install non-skid tape to a wide variety of substrates.
- Ability to remove and apply non-skid materials.
Additional Information:Those assigned to the Brush Painter position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, audiometric exam, and a semi-annual lead/zinc blood test.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, Facilities, HeroesWorkHere
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.