Business Operations AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009462 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Asset Management is responsible for the disposition of assets removed from service, as well as ensuring the necessary approvals are received and financial entries booked, while ensuring compliance with safe handling practices, internal controls and department policies. The Bus Ops Associate works in a fast paced environment receiving, sorting, tracking, and shipping of assets from all aspects of the DPEP business. This position will learn and perform a variety of positions within the team. The expectations of this position includes, but is not limited to: Operational and Office Support, Inventory Control, 3rd Party Vendor Support, Guest Service, and Project Management.
This is a part time position expected to work up to 29 hours a week. This operation is primarily active M-F from 6:00AM-4:30PM, with occasional weekend availability required.
- Coordinate with Yard Senior Associate to schedule delivery and pickups of assets with external and internal partners
- Monitor departmental shared inbox where requests for drop-offs/pickups are sent
- Contact internal Resort partners for any repairs, spill cleanup, etc.
- Identify, build and implement systems and/or processes to increase efficiency
- Track and report all outbound assets and their weights
- Reconciliation and analysis of 3rd Party Vendor consignment
- Notify Fixed Asset team member of any potential capital assets received
- Communicate effectively with internal and external partners and guests in a professional and courteous manner
- Support Resort Environmentality goals through landfill diversion
- Actively exhibit Disney’s “The Five Keys”
- Operate forklift, pallet jacks and other industrial tools and equipment
- Physically receive, sort and organize assets from numerous Resort LOBs at the Property Control lay-down area, safely and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Stage assets in preparation for shipping through appropriate third-party partner disposition channels
- Mixed commodity sorting for appropriate handling by the Environmental Activities Center
- Rigorous physical activity, including safely moving assets that can weigh more than 800 lbs.
- Experience in an environment with an emphasis on internal controls
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop positive, effective relationships with other departments/business partners
- Must have weekend availability
- Excel and Office Suite
- Warehouse or retail operations experience
- Forklift operating experience
- Industrial equipment knowledge
- Smartsheet or other spreadsheet tools
- Project management
- Leadership experience
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Computer hardware knowledge
- Hardware knowledge/assembling (computers, cords, office equipment, industrial equipment)
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- AA or Bachelor’s Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.