Catering & Convention Services DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 987940BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 23, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
This role reports to the Director - Sales, Services and Youth Programs.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for Assistant Directors and a team of 17+ Cast members on the Catering and Convention Services Team.
- Collaborate with leaders within the Non-Leisure Division to support the growth of the meetings and events business, foster a high degree of partnership between sales and services roles and model a positive, problem-solving leadership style.
- Drive the development of new and innovative approaches within Catering and Convention Services to ensure more efficient use of resources, removal of barriers for Cast and clients and drive high levels of client satisfaction and intent to return.
- Develop the professional skill set of the full team, leaders and Cast, to support career growth and drive client satisfaction.
- Model a high degree of professionalism for all Cast, clients and operating departments.
- Develop the monthly food and beverage forecast, monthly departmental expense forecasts, annual operating plan inputs and any ad-hoc requested analysis.
- Engage frequently with key resort operating partners in banquet service, culinary, lodging and all support areas that integrate with the Catering and Convention Services function.
- Manage the relationships and contractual terms of preferred vendors that support this line of business in floral/décor and event technology.
- Ensure Banquet Event Order review meetings are conducted with efficiency and provide the necessary information to all partners.
- Engage proactively in supporting the development of a monthly group rooms forecast.
- Ensure timely Cast feedback though monthly meetings, mid-year updates and year-end conversations.
- Address issues quickly with appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Ensure a high level of transparent communication with the Director of Sales, Services and Youth Programs.
- Maintain a high degree of weekly visibility within the hotels of the Disneyland Resort, establishing relationships with operating partners, seeking feedback and engaging with clients.
- Review and/or develop reporting to improve Cast performance and Client satisfaction.
- Champion a culture of Diversity, Inclusion, Collaboration, Creativity and Innovation.
- Drive improvements in the Cast experience for the Catering and Convention Services team and support divisional and/or Resort initiatives in Cast development and recognition.
- Grow and cultivate food and beverage expertise within the Sales and Catering and Convention Services Teams.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations to evolve processes, enhance Client and Cast experiences.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership experience in the lodging industry.
- Experience in leading teams and managing departmental financial statements.
- Direct experience in event management, catering, convention services and/or the culinary profession.
- Proficiency in Sales and Catering booking systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and applications.
- Fluency with current technology and programs that support business environments.
- Understanding of event technology and support services such as exhibit rigging, fire marshal codes and event set-up standards.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, establishing a collaborative and supportive process for issues identification and process improvement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive risk-taking.
- Current knowledge of industry trends in meetings and events.
- Strong attention to detail and personal organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Role requires weekends and evening schedule pending client events.
- Major hotel industry brand or convention hotel experience in a leader role.
- Culinary knowledge and skills related to menu planning for group events of all sizes.
- Advanced industry degrees or certifications.
- Understanding of yield management and pricing strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent level of experience
Additional Information:This job is located in Anaheim, CA.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.