Chef 1Apply NowApply Later Job ID 966173BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 28, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Based on area assigned you may either report to Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef.
- Manage culinary concepts
- Engage directly with Cast to create an exceptional, integrated Guest and Cast experiences
- Learn and practice value for self, team and operation
- Be a mentor to hourly chefs, trainers and leads
- Foster a positive environment which builds on relationships, community and trust by delivering the Five Keys Basics and modeling the Disney Leader Basics
- Operate restaurants in compliance with TWDC Global Resort Standards, TWDC Global F&B Standards, DLR Food Safety Standards
- Ensure show quality of the operation
- Sustain operational vision, including innovative and improvement initiatives to gain Guest, Cast and financial results
- Knowledge, application and presentation of the Restaurant's food and beverage offerings.
- Ensure production, quality and presentation of food.
- Continuous development and application of food knowledge.
- Provide culinary specific leadership to support, motivate and develop Cast members with a hands-on approach.
- Respond to special dietary needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of menu.
- Ensure that products are properly ordered, received and stored.
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and facilities.
- Minimum of three years of culinary experience or culinary degree with three years related experience.
- Experience is basic QSR's, family casual TSR, breakfast cookery and production
- Understand and demonstrate fundamentals of cooking.
- Strong cooking techniques
- Strong knowledge of ingredients
- Knowledgeable in union contracts
- Understanding of HACCP.
- Flexibility to work a varying schedule, with variable days off.
- Basic knowledge of ingredients and cooking techniques
- Demonstrate creativity.
- Capable of food sourcing, ordering and receiving procedures
- Food Safety Certification.
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.