Chef 2Apply NowApply Later Job ID 966174BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 05, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Based on area assigned you may either report to Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef.
- Lead multiple culinary concepts
- Develop change and ability to support "why" behind the change
- Identify key business metrics and operational indicators to measure, motivate and enhance performance
- Contribute to the management of financial profit, operating expenses to meet or exceed business goals
- Understand and introduce value for self, team and operation
- Display confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Provide daily leadership engagement with Cast as a teacher, student, listener and coach
- Be a mentor or trainer within peer group
- Inspire, provide direction and lead effectiveness of the Cast
- Ensure operational compliance of Global TWDC Standards, TWDC Food & Beverage Standards, Loss Prevention Standards, and DLR Food Safety Standards
- Inspire the delivery of "World-Class" seamless guest experiences
- Ensure quality preparation and presentation of the restaurant's food and beverage offerings through Cast
- Respond to special dietary needs
- Partner with receiving, ensure products are properly ordered, received and stored
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and facilities
- Minimum of five years of culinary experience or culinary degree
- Minimum three years culinary management experience
- Advanced knowledge of ingredients and cooking techniques
- Understand and demonstrate fundamentals of cooking
- Fluent in union contracts
- Ability to work with a diverse Cast
- Flexibility to work a varying schedule, including variable days off
- Food Safety Certification
- Knowledge of industry trends and practical business application
- Experience with TSR's, QSR's, Production kitchens
- Demonstrated knowledge of wines and spirits/sommelier certification
- Demonstrated experience developing annual operating plans
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.