Chef de CuisineApply NowApply Later Job ID 966175BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 03, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
You will report to an Executive Chef.
- Direct multiple complex culinary concepts
- Take calculated risks and challenge status quo to integrate processes, remove barriers and align performance goals
- Create new and higher quality, service and product standards while innovating food combinations, texture and flavors.
- Educate Culinary Cast Members on seasonal and ethnic products, culinary styles and techniques.
- Inspire/Educate Cast Members and Guests on fads, trends, lifestyles and special dietary needs with consideration of product, equipment and cost.
- Understand, support and teach the "role in the show" cuisine concept.
- Provide an environment that supports our Diversity & Inclusion values and beliefs.
- Inspire, provide direction and drive effectiveness of the Leadership Team
- Initiate and sustain mutually beneficial relationships and effective partnerships.
- Identify, influence and develop career path of Cast Members.
- Hold Direct Reports accountable for job performance.
- Anticipate potential business impacts, drives the management of financial profit and operating expenses
- Inspire the delivery of "World-Class" seamless Guest experiences.
- Ensure excellent Cast experiences delivered through Direct Reports.
- Respond to special dietary needs.
- Ensure that products are properly ordered, received and stored.
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and facilities.
- Minimum five years of leading a Culinary Management Team.
- Knowledge of union contracts and maintains positive business relationships with shop stewards and business agents
- Experience managing a variety of complex budgets
- Experience with inventory controls, procedures and efficiency management
- Flexibility to work a varying scheduled, including variable days off.
- Working knowledge of overall kitchen design, space planning and blueprint development.
- Working knowledge of the Food & Beverage core equipment standards list.
- Ability to lead concept ideation.
- Advanced degree in Culinary Arts or Food Sciences.
- Inspire creativity and new ideas that adapt to our business.
- Knowledge of industry trends and practical business application that contribute with greater results while using less tools.
- Knowledge of wines and spirits/sommelier certification.
- Experience developing annual operating plans.
- A focus on research and development that not only brings new ideas, but that also leverages trends and technology.
- Speak and present to large groups of people, including but not limited to Company Executives.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Advanced degree in Culinary Arts or Food Sciences
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.