Chef I - Events & FestivalsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10067265 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Oct. 24, 2023
You will apply knowledge with experience to grow culinary strategies while providing leadership, knowledge, and development to Cast. You will also create a positive, inclusive kitchen environment that encourages ownership and accountability, and meets our requirements. You will also help to create and develop unique food offerings that provide our Guest with a variety of offerings.
Based on area assigned, you may either report to the Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef.
- Manage culinary concepts.
- Engage directly with Cast to create an exceptional, integrated Guest and Cast experiences.
- Learn and practice value for self, team, and operation.
- Be a mentor to hourly chefs, trainers and leads.
- Foster a positive environment which builds on relationships, community, and trust by delivering the Five Keys Basics and modeling the Disney Leader Basics
- Operate culinary operations in compliance with TWDC Global Resort Standards, TWDC Global F&B Standards, DLR Food Safety Standards
- Ensure show quality of the operation.
- Sustain operational vision, including innovative and improvement initiatives to gain Guest, Cast and financial results.
- Knowledge, application and presentation of the culinary operations food and beverage offerings.
- Ensure production, quality, and presentation of food.
- Continuous development and application of food knowledge.
- Provide culinary specific leadership to support, motivate, and develop Cast members with a hands-on approach.
- Respond to special dietary needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of menu.
- All facets of menu research and development
- Ensure that products are properly ordered, received, and stored.
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and facilities.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- Experience with high volume banquet events.
- Minimum of three years of culinary experience or culinary degree with three years related experience.
- Experience in basic quick service, table service, catered events, and high-volume production.
- Understand and demonstrate fundamentals of cooking.
- Strong knowledge of ingredients and cooking techniques
- Demonstrate creativity.
- Knowledgeable of working in a union environment.
- Understanding of HACCP.
- Flexibility to work a varying schedule, with variable days off.
- Able to read and understand event orders for banquets and restaurants.
- Ability to execute and oversee multiple priorities.
- Understanding of food cost how it pertains to overall cost of sales and inventory variances.
- Capable of food sourcing, ordering, and receiving procedures
- Food Safety Certification.
Associate degree in culinary arts or equivalent job-related experience.
Benefits and Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The hiring range for this position in California is $77,100 - $103,400 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.